Hindus/Period and attending temple or religious activity

choomle wrote at 2009-12-11 03:40:40
I agree with this and just wanted to add something to it. I think this thing goes back to old times when women didn't have adequate measures in the form of tampons/pads to keep themselves clean on the go and for the purity rationale that Brother William outlined it holds good. However, in today's times women could stay clean on the go and in my humble opinion, there should be no problem with them visiting temples or just going to small in-home temples that they try to also stay away from.

woman wrote at 2011-02-22 19:50:33
If God is the creator,HE has given women this wonderful quality to bring life to this earth and it is possible because of this monthly periods.This tradition was conducted when people did not know much or science did not exist.Please now we all know and women take powerful decisions as executive during their period days as well so why not go to temple.This is ridiculous and our Hindu society should be bold enough to change this (really silly) tradition.

God Bless

n lakshmi wrote at 2014-04-06 08:15:36
Two instances will elaborate the need to keep away from during such period :-

Kottakyal Arya Vaidya Sala, India, (They are the authority for Herbal Medicine Treatment) have their land where special herbals are cultivated for their medicinal preparations. While cutting the plants (which is generally done by female staff - may be due to dedicated work or low wages), females who are in period are not allowed to go in a radius of 500 mtrs to these plants - reason being, the plants will become yellowish.

For the second instance contact - nlakshmi_71@yahoo.com  

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William