Hindus/Karma and reincarnation in Veda Samhitas?

serenadesea wrote at 2013-03-23 03:54:48
The Upanishads have nothing to do with the Vedas.  I have no idea why they are linked to any of the Vedas, except that there must have been a Vedic greed to gain a piece of the pie, once reincarnation came out of the closet and the Vedic priests lost their hold on the population at large, as they learned to govern themselves,and rule THEMSELVES, vie keeping an eye on their karma.

Sri Sivadasa Bharati Swami

Any questions on Hinduism, Vedanta, Advaita and all Dharma Spiritual Traditions.

I been studying Hindu Scriptures and Vedanta for about 40 years. I formally studied under guru Saradhananda Bharati of the Saradha Peetham Matt (Monastery) in Sringeri, India, who trained me and gave me sannyasa diksha (ordination/initiation) in the Shankara Parampara (lineage) of Sannyasa (monk/renunciate). I am the founder and Executive Director of the Dharmic Arts Foundation, Inc and the resident Acharya (spiritual teacher) of the Chandrashekhara Dharma Center of Greater New Orleans. I am also Director of Operations for the Gandhi Foundation, USA. I served as Temple Manager and CEO of the Hindu Temple of Georgia for several years until moving to New Orleans.

The American Dharma Congress, The Gandhi Foundation USA, The Sringeri Peetham Matt, the Viraat Hindu Sabha, the Divine Life Society, the Dharmic Arts Foundation, and the Chandrashekhara Dharma Center of Greater New Orleans.

Hinduism Today, Atlanta Samachar Weekly, and the published author of several books, including Srimad Bhagavad Gita: Song of the Lord, an American Translation in Prose.

I received my Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the University of South Florida, a Masters in South Asian Studies from the University of Maryland, a Masters in Comparative Religion from the University of Chicago and a Doctorate of Divinity from Fordham University in New York.