Hindus/divine knowledge through other means

Question
Namastey sir,
         Swami Sivananda(a known learned person in India) says that Brahma-Jnana can be achieved through meditation.And merge into God.
     Do you think in kali-yuga(present age/dark age) it is possible to sit for meditation to achieve divine knowledge?I think chanting holy names of God, Curiosity to get knowledge(reading scriptures), Karma are only means to get the Brahma-jnana.Actually meditation is totally impossible for curious ones.What is your view on this?

Thanks

Answer
Dear Jagat,

Thank you for your question.

Swami Vivekananda taught that all four Yogas either individually or combined can be means to Brahma-jnana. The Guru can direct the disciple for the best means to use according to the disciple's personality and tendencies. Some will be more devotional, some more philosophical, some more active, and some more meditative.

Because our essential nature is  Atman-Brahman, there is no escaping Brahma-jnana. In the Kali Yuga even a little sadhana, spiritual effort, creates a big effect, unlike previous yugas in which people had to work harder. Although people in general are morally weaker in the Kali Yuga, when they do turn to  God/dess, they receive Grace more easily.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William