Hindus/enlightened and heaven

Question
Namastey sir,
         After leaving a body, jiva goes to the place where its desire was.If an enlightened one has desire to enjoy in heaven for a few period and then after enjoying the period he desires to merging into Brahma.Is it possible for him to have this? As most learned persons say that heaven is not the place for salvation.We have to come to the earth plane for salvation.     If the enlightened has God consciousness at the time of death and had a previous desire to enjoy in heaven.
What would be the result? How the things would go from Scripture angle?

Thanks

Answer
Dear Jagat,

Thank you for your question.

A fully enlightened being will not be reborn in any realm on earth or in heaven. Some who attain a high spiritual state short of full enlightenment may spend time in Brahmaloka before merging in Brahman. They do not need to return to earth to do this.

A soul with the desire for enjoyment in any svarga-loka heaven is not enlightened and will have to be reborn on earth to gain liberation.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William