Hindus/impression and preference

Question
Hi sir,
         It is said that our causal body stores impressions and preferences of past lives.What are these impression and preferences according to sashtra? Please give example of these two ideas.

Answer
Dear Renu,

Thank you for your question.

Stored impressions are called samskaras. They are the record of all the karmas an individual has performed in present and past lives. These samskaras create what we commonly think of as our personality, including our tendencies to future karmas. Therefore, to create favorable samskaras, we should make the right choices in this life and dedicate all karmas to God/dess to avoid creating new karma.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William