Hindus/yajna and life

Question
Namastey sir,
         Yajna is sacrifice as ghee is poured into the fire. Lord Krishna says he is Adhiyajna in the body.Is our karma,here, is compared to ghee and Lord as fire who consumes all? Please explain which is compared to what in the total process.So that one can live with divine lifestyle.

Answer
Dear Jagat,

Thank you for your question.

The idea is to offer one's whole self into the fire of Bhagavan. In Tantra this is done through the rituals called bhuta-shuddhi and nyasa in which the jivatma is destroyed and replaced by the Paramatma. In the devotional system one meditates on the form of the ishta and strives to merge in that form as a moth in a flame in a supreme act of loving sacrifice. In Yoga one meditates by replacing all thoughts with the one thought of God/dess.

The "ghee" in the metaphor, therefore, is the body, mind, and senses, what we normally experience as the "self." The fire is Bhagavan. Everything we think we are gets merged in Bhagavan, and we realize our essential Oneness with That.

Best wishes,

Brother William  

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William