Hindus/atman

Question
Namastey sir,
         How to establish in Atman/Brahma, so that one can get highest bliss ?
Also, how to control mind and senses; specially mind in vedic view?

Answer
Dear Jagat,

Thank you for your questions.

To become established in Atman/Brahman one must have no desire for any experience in this world or the next. One realizes the Self by disidentifying with non-Self, i.e., leaving aside the body, mind, and senses and everything perceivable by the senses.

Sri Krishna in the Gita says the mind can be controlled by abhyasa, practice, and vairagya, dispassion.

Learning to control the mind is like learning to play a musical instrument. You start out slowly with little ability but through patient, persistent, practice you can learn to play even difficult pieces.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William