Hindus/happiness

Question
Respected sir,
when a person get enlightened i.e he knows he is brahman. What will he do during leisure time? He wont indulge in hobbies will he?since we enjoy hobbies thinking it will give happiness. For him he is already happiness. He knows materials can't give happiness.

Thanks

Answer
Dear Jagat,

Thank you for your question.

Sri Ramakrishna says that when a man realizes God, he does not grow horns. He retains his former personality at least superficially. He compared this to a sword that is touched to the philosopher's stone and turned to gold. The form of the sword remains, but inwardly the substance is changed. Most people will see no difference in the behavior or appearance of a person who has realized the Self.

A Brahmajnani knows without a doubt his true nature is infinite Consciousness. He is liberated from all obligations, and he will live as he chooses, sometimes revered as a saint, sometimes reviled as an unclean thing, he cares not for the opinions of people, but he may continue to observe religious practices to avoid confusing the ignorant.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William