Hindus/reality subjective or objective

Question
QUESTION: If reality is an illusion, it cannot be objective.

So, is reality objective or subjective?

Thank you.

ANSWER: Dear Vivek,

Thank you for your question.

When we speak of reality, we must be clear if we are referring to relative reality or absolute Reality. Relative reality, what we call vyvaharika anubhuti, has both subjective and objective aspects. Our ordinary perceptions are not so much "illusions" but simply incomplete perceptions. We do not experience the world as it is in essence but only as it appears through our five senses and mind. The mind and senses limit what we can perceive and understand. They make us feel our self is separate from other selves and the world when in essence all is One.

Absolute Reality is experienced as the absolute Subject, the only Thing that exists. It is the opposite of illusion, experienced in superconscious vision called samadhi.

Best wishes,

Brother William

QUESTION: Thanks for the reply.

So, is that right, reality is objective and therefore absolute, but we experience it relative because we differ in perception by our five sense and individual mind.

So, could we say the absolute subject, experienced the absolute(objective) reality. That is objective reality is the creation or leela.

Thanks again.

Answer
Dear Vivek,

Thank you for your follow-up question.

Reality is both objective and subjective and neither, too. Ultimately, Reality is beyond thought and conception. Only the one who has experienced That can understand its nature.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William