Hindus/vedanta

Question
Hi sir,
       A sadhu said Vedanta means End of knowledge. (veda=knowledge, anta=end) . Please suggest end of which knowledge it shows.

Thank You

Answer
Dear Renu,

Thank you for your question.

The word "anta" means end, but in this context we should understand it to mean "culmination." The Knowledge that is the culmination of all knowledge is the Truth of Oneness, that behind all the various forms and manifestations of the universe there is only One Divine Being that is the Self of all. To realize this is the purpose of human life, and that is the goal of Vedanta.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William