Hindus/the lingam

Gaurab Bandopadhyay wrote at 2012-12-27 15:13:34
Linga does not always means sexual organ. Linga means Identity, idol, symbol or simply the representation of someone or something. For example, when you fill any form or something, it might ask for your sex. Would you say "yes" or "i like it" or would you say "male" or "female"?

Tantra Sadhana followed by hath yogis and bhairavis and aghoris are very extreme and severe. It is about doing a task repititively to such an extreme that he/she becomes enlightened (fully knowledgeable) in it. Just like the formless god can be worshipped in any form, enlightment can come to us in any form.

It is said that a shiva linga made from solidified mercury draws extreme power near itself. It is thus, just like shree yantra or laxmi yantra, but the most powerful one.

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William