Hindus/purusharthas

Question
namaskar
sir I have a question on purushartha after grahasta asharm one has to go for vanashram  in forest they go so that in hardships they can clear their karma depths thus making their sanyasa ashram easy.
        But today a person who follow snatan dharma doesn't go for it,what is your say is it only a ritual we should follow its real meaning like can he do all the things he used do in the forest right in his home I mean inculcating dispassion for material objects and lead spritual life.Finally sir am I correct calling it ritual?

Answer
Dear Samit,

Thank you for your question.

You are correct. A person can attain the goal of sannyasa living in his home by cultivating detachment and devotion. Sri Ramakrishna taught as much. You must leave aside worldly concerns as you are able and fix the mind more and more on God/dess.

Sannyasa really means renunciation of the false notion that we are individual beings separate from the infinite Divine Being.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William