Hindus/science and religion

Question
QUESTION: sir,
    how can we find relation between modern science and spirituality or religion???
like should we be happy with saying that everything is written in our scriptures and our ancestors had everything.
or should we also do modern research in all filds like medicine,economy,spcace science??
we have law of karma.say a child is born blind,we say it is due to his bad karma in previous life.
but modern science says that its because of some medical complications.issue is not "why".,rather what should do about it???
should we keep blaming him or do research and find solution to cure blindness??
should we keep saying our scriptures say thay universe was manifested by god or should we involve in modern research like string theory or big bang????
we see many countries developing because of science.
we may see many students having intelligence same as any scientist working in the shop or temple.

ANSWER: Dear Rahul,

Thank you for your questions.

Our Sanatana Dharma welcomes Veda, i.e., knowledge, from many sources. True knowledge does not contradict reason, though it transcends reason, existing prior to thought.

Empirical knowledge, vyavaharika jāna, is only part of the picture, though. Through spiritual discipline one becomes fit for aparokṣānubhūti, "unmediated experience," direct realization of Truth, not dependent on the body or mind. This kind of knowledge is unknown at present to science.

Best wishes,

Brother William

QUESTION: thank you sir for your answer.
i agree that knowledge of spiritual experience is unknown to science today...still, how should be the our attitude towards science then??
should we try to find the answers or not?

Answer
Dear Rahul,

Thank you for your follow-up question.

Clearly, we should seek to know all we can through science, for knowledge give us the power to improve our lives. Partial knowledge without a spiritual awareness also gives us power to destroy the planet, so both kinds of knowledge, ordinary and spiritual, are necessary.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William