Hindus/sudden death

Question
Namaskar sir,
         Suppose person is enlightened and God-realised. Suddenly he faces accidental death and at that time he did not able to remember God. What would happen to him, liberated or again rebirth for his last consciousness?

Thanks

Answer
Dear Jagat,

Thank you for your question.

If a person is enlightened and God-realized, the manner of death has no bearing on what happens after death. The essence of the enlightenment experience is realizing that the phenomenal self (jiva) is not the locus of identity. Thoughts and karma all pertain only to the jiva, not to the Atman or Self. The enlightened person has realized the Self and knows himself as the Self of all things.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William