Hindus/advaita

Question
respected sir,
      there are 6 philosophical school and vedanta is one among them.Further vedanta has many classes like advaita,dvaita,dwaitadvaita etc.Then,how one can choose which is correct and follow that teaching???

Answer
Dear Rahul,

Thank you for your question.

Of the six systems of orthodox Hindu philosophy, only Vedanta survives in practice today. The Yoga system of meditation techniques was incorporated into Vedanta, but Sankhya philosophy that underlies Yoga is no longer followed.

Of the three main branches of Vedanta advaita is the most comprehensive, providing the most complete description of Reality. However, the other schools may be seen as stepping stones on the way to non-dual realization. Choose the philosophy and practice that appeals most to your mind and heart, follow that with full sincerity, and you will realize for yourself the Truth. "Truth is One. The Wise speak of it variously."

Best wishes,

Brother William  

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William