Hindus/conversion of religion.

Question
I am a Jain Girl. I want to become Hindu-Maratha. What is the legal procedure in India? After changing, can i get "living certificate" or "transfer certificate" with the new religion and caste?

Answer
Dear Bhagyashree,

For conversion to hinduism, send a letter to the District Magistrate that you want to convert. After you get a reply, you may need to give a personal advertisement in any two newspapers. What do you mean by 'living certificate' and 'transfer certificate'? But how will you become a maratha? That can happen only when a maratha adopts you or you marry a maratha. For all practical purposes, a person's religion is not asked in India. It is unconstitutional. Otherwise also, many hindus do not consider jains to be any other than hindus. We have jain caste name among hindus. With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav

Hindus

Aupmanyav