Hindus/idol worship

Gaurav wrote at 2013-01-24 10:28:39
Firstly, Hindus don't worship any idol. We see God everywhere and it is the heart which has to connect to the God and not any idol.

Secondly, idols are not just anything. A stone passes through several rituals and becomes a murti ( what people call idol). Further lord Krishna in Gita says that God has manifestations. Also, lord Vishnu gave his murti to Aadi Shankaracharya.

Thirdly, the quote-Na tasya pratima asti, is not correctly refered. It doesn't mean that there is no idol of God. It is misquoted by Arya Samajis and some other scholars.  

Also, many scholars say that the vedas and in fact other sacred books of Hindus which we have today are not the original one.

Dharmarakshak Arya wrote at 2013-09-29 12:13:02
Yes, Hindus don't worship any idol. That can be understood by this analogy.

Air is everywhere but you need fans to feel it. Similarly, GOD is everywhere but you need idols to feel it.

Everything is just a manifestation but the point is not that. The point is how you worship that. GOD isn't limited to that manifestations. We need to understand GOD beyond manifestations. Air isn't limited to the fan and GOD isn't limited to any manifestation.

The problem with Arya Samaj is not idol worship but misuse of the concept. Idol worship gave opportunity to several greedy priests to turn GOD to a business. It also made Hindus lazy as they thought that idol would do miracles for them. This was exploited by Mughals & other Muslims when they invaded India. Swami Dayanand Saraswati was once worshiping a Shiv statue, he noticed that a rat was sitting on that lingam. He immediately concluded that real Shiv is different than that idol. Kabirdas says:

Pathar puje Hari miley, mai to pooju Pahaar |

Ussey toh chakki bhali pees khaaye sansaar ||

If worshiping a stone gives you Vishnu, I would worship a mountain. A grinding mill is better, that gives food to the world.

Many saints came to teach that GOD is not limited to any idol. Unfortunately, no one understood it. If people realize right way to worship GOD, no problem can ever arise.

Sagar wrote at 2013-11-07 18:29:52
Christianity as mentioned started with Monotheism but ended in polytheism by the fabricated teachings of churches.When I read the Bible(new testaments)it was very clear that initially the desciples of Jesus followed the teachings.Jesus proclaimed himself to be the prophet of God,but later on People like Paul misguided the people by false interpretations.He started the churches to preach polytheism.e.g trinity,jesus as god etc.  

Hinduism also started as strict monotheism but ended in polytheism by alterations/additions/fabrications by the priests,Rajas and false saints as they started interpreting whatever they felt right for selfish interests.

Islam is another religion which supports the Monotheism and completely refutes the pantheism,polytheism.Even though the true followers of Islam are of pure thoughts follow monotheism(stronger form compared to any other religion),but many cults/people/so called Muslims adopted the ideas of saints and false preachers and they too started polytheism like belief in darga,etc.

But the Koran is most likely to be the unaltered message of God to whole of the mankind.One should not see the falsehood prevailing in the corrupted People (claim to be follower of Islam). When I read Koran with its meaning I was amazed to see almost 1/3rd of the book speaks about monotheism,1/3 about the Karma,1/3rd about Life after death in detail.It seems as though seeker of truth will get all his doubts cleared and solution to all problems.  

to be continued.................

Can answer general questions about beliefs, scriptures (including Vedas, Shastras, Upanishads, Puranas, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Yogasutras, Niti Shlokas), Meditation basics, Sanskrit and basic principles of good conduct. Please donot mention marriage related details since, I dont know them.

Know various scriptures pertaining to Hinduism and various secrets of devotion.

Now, a techno-manager. Planning to correlate spirituality with management.