Hindus/knower of future

Question
Namastey sir,
         Some days ago I was reading a book of Swami Sivananda.
It was written: Rishis(sages) are Trikalajnanis (knowers of the past, present and future). Therefore, they know the mysterious ways of Karma. They attained knowledge of the Self and by virtue of this knowledge everything else became known to them.
Now 1. I have complete knowledge of self. Then why I am not able see the future by virtue of this knowledge?
2. Is it necessary to be a Trikalajnani for emancipation or NOT?

Thanks

Answer
Dear Jagat,

Thank you for your question.

Not all realized souls are Rishis, although all do see the Truth to one extent or another. There is no end to realization, and my Guru's Guru once said that nirvikalpa samadhi is the beginning of spiritual life. All enlightened beings see the future in the sense they know the ultimate destination of all beings just as they know the ultimate Essence of all things. They may not know any specifics about individuals, however, and seeing the specific futures of beings short of the ultimate is not necessary for liberation.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William