Hindus/Difficulty in having faith

I am probably having the worst year of my life. everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong. My family is pretty religious. I have also always believed in God. Till now for past 24 years i have always felt that whenever i was in trouble God has helped me. so i m not the one who would pray everyday and all. Its just that i've always had belief in God. For past one year as soon as my life started going on a downward path i started to approach god again. I started going to temple everyday. Its been more than 10 months now . I cry everyday and i go to temple everyday. My life has just become bad to worse in these 10 months. Never in my life till now has god left me alone without helping me even a small bit for so long. there are days when in decide that there is no God. and then i fear if god is there he will not appreciate me losing faith. I want to keep faith but everyday that i wake up it is becoming impossible to keep that. I just ask for a tiny bit of help and not solve all the problems and everyday the problems somehow increase rather than getting better. Just when i think probably god will listen to me today ; the next day is worse than that. I have no idea whether to sustain this faith or not and what implications will it have on my life.  

Thank you

Kabir, one of the greatest Sufi poet said, “In anguish everyone prays to Him, in joy does none To One who prays in happiness, how can sorrow come” (Hindi : Dukh Mein Simran Sab Kare, Sukh Mein Kare Na Koye Jo Sukh Mein Simran Kare, Tau Dukh Kahe Ko Hoye).
Most people forget God when the time is good and remember Him only when they are in problems. You must remember God in times when everything is good and thank Him for the what He has given you. For 24 years when everything was going well, you never remember Him and now you remember Him everyday.
First you must understand the rational of remembering God in the time of goodness. God is not annoyed when you forget Him in your good times and so punishes you. But when you remember Him in good times, you appreciate that good times is not purely your effort but due to grace of God you do things as per your conscious and hence do the right things. However, when you do not remember God and take the success and happiness for granted you tend to do things which are not based on your conscious but based on passion and desires. The passions are generally for self-gratification and run counter to the interest of others. Hence when there is retaliation from them, you feel the pinch. Jim Rohn has rightly said, “Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don't fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgments, repeated every day.”
Your failures and miseries are a lesson to you. It is not easy to correct mistakes which had been repeated over years without the guidance of your conscious. You must take this opportunity to know what went wrong and then correct it. Bill Gates said, “It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” Learn the lessons of failures and seek forgiveness from God for whatever wrong you have committed. God is all kind and He shall surely forgive you.  Gradually you shall overcome with your failures and become a better person.

Dr Awdhesh K Singh

Life is a mystery. One who tries to understand life purely on logic and reason fails as there is an Omnipresent Spirit that connects all. I have written more than 400 articles and papers on various forums dealing with life. The purpose of life is to know the world and its mysery. We must know the mind of God and that is the only way to become one with God and achieve salvation, liberation or Nirvana. I have authored a book titled "Practising Spiritual Intelligence for Innovation, Leadership and Happiness" which is one of the most popular books in India in several categories. You can read my articles, stories, commentaries and poems on

I have over 8 years of experince in writing and helping the seeker to know the self and the world. I have around 25 years of experince in solving real life problems.

The Aatmic Science Foundation Science of Soul Spirituality Made Simple by Dr Awdhesh, Practising Spiritual Intelligence

Publications Spirituality Made Simple by Dr Awdhesh, Practising Spiritual Intelligence

Masters in Engineering. Doctorate in Information Technology.