Hindus/Mind

Question
QUESTION: Hello Sir,

Good day..

Flow of thoughts constitutes Mind. Those thoughts may be positive or negative. What is that inside us that tags some of those mind's thoughts as positive and some as negative?

Is it right way to believe-in our mind and its thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Vimal

ANSWER: Dear Vimal,

Our 'Samskaras', bringing up, education, and experience, decide whether we would consider an action right or wrong. A practicing jain may cringe at the sight of blood, a butcher or a hunter may not think much about it.

The right way is to consider the effect of any action on the society. If it helps the society, it is good, otherwise it is bad. Our books say:

"Ashtadasha puraneshu, Vyasasya vachanam dwaya;
paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."

(Of the eighteen puranas written by Sage Vedavyasa, the essence is in two sayings;
to help others is merit, to pain others is sin."

With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav

QUESTION: Hi Sir,

Thanks for your answer..

It is said that the inner voice, the Conscience guides us for what is right deed and what is not. What is that Conscience..Is it our intellect? where does it come from and can it be related to the JeevAtman?

Thanks a lot.

SoHum.

Answer
Dear Soham/Vimal,

The Samskaras are the inner voice. As I said, they depend on bringing-up, education, and experience. Intellect is the analytical power of a person's mind. You can say the RAM in the computer. You might have read in my profile that I am an atheist advaitist hindu. Therefore, I do not believe in a separate 'jeevatman' for each person. 'So Aham', our books said. I am what makes up all other things in the universe, living or non-living, i.e., Brahman. With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav  

Hindus

Aupmanyav