Hindus/Astrology

Question
QUESTION: Hi Sir,

Good Day...

How valuable is Astrology in our life? Is our destiny already fixed? Can't we alter it?

Please followup with your view..

So Ahum.

ANSWER: Dear Vimal,

Opinions differ. I will give you my opinion. Astrology has no value in life, actually it could be gravely misleading. Our destiny is not fixed. It depends on our actions and various variables around us (family, society, happenings - Thousands of people travel in Himalayas, but then a bus falls into a river). You can have control on your actions, but you cannot have control on all things in life. So life is chance and probability. Regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav

QUESTION: Thanks for answering Sir,

If you say that life is just a chance and probability, then what is the role of our past actions in creating our fate?..Isn't it said that all our current situations are based on our past Karma either in the present life or the past life?

Please clear...

-SO Aham

Answer
Dear Vimal,

You forget that I am an atheist hindu. For me, it is all chance and probability. It is past karmas for theists. Individual beliefs. I have no problems with that. Hinduism has taught me to value the beliefs of others. Regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav  

Hindus

Aupmanyav