Hindus/puranas

Question
   In puranas it is stated that Indra(lord of demi-gods) get replaced by another Indra after one manvantar(71 yugas). And in this way there are 14 manvantars that consists a Kalpa(lord Brahma's one day). What happens to the Indras after their job is over? Do they born in earth or promoted to higher planes? Is Karma has also its effect on those beings(devas) staying in heaven or other celestial planes?
   Also except Maharrloka to Brahmaloka, other planes are destroyed after a kalpa. What happens to those who stay between Maharloka and Svargaloka?There are various planes exist between them.

Answer
Dear Jagat,

Thank you for your questions.

When the karma that granted Indra his station is exhausted, he is reborn as a human being. This is why sa-kama karma is not ultimately spiritually productive.

The denizens of heaven all attain their status, likewise, through karma, and when it's exhausted, they, too, must return to earth or some earth-like planet to continue their journeys.

The fate of each jiva is determined by karma until liberation, regardless of which plane he or she inhabits for a time.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William