Hindus/reincarnation

Question
Namaste!
I tried to believe in reincarnation but since I believe in love I can't. If reincarnation is real than my mother for example was a donkey or a man in her past life. If I find a girl I like she coyld have been many different persons and become a new person in next life. When these persons love me I would like them to be persons withh only one life like the Christians talk about. It's only then that I feel that their personality is loveable and precious. I don't want to be loved by someone who was a donkey in the past. So reincarnation theory is anti-love to me. What does Hinduism say about this?

Answer
Dear Andrew,

Namaskar.

According to Hinduism, your true nature is Divine and beyond physical forms and it is due to ignorance that you get identified with some physical body. Regarding your being uncomfortable with loving a person who was a donkey in some previous life, it is alright if you do not believe in reincarnation. Just believe that everyone is inherently divine. Incidentally, are you sure of what a person has been doing even in the present life. For all we know, a person might as well have been doing worse than being a donkey!

With warm regards,
Swami Narasimhananda

Hindus

Swami Narasimhananda