Hindus/reading sacred texts in sanskrit

Question
Namaskaar Sir,

I've recently bought a collection of upnishads but they are only in Sanskrit.Although I understand Sanskrit very little(I studied it in school) but still I want to read it.Will it also be beneficial to read scriptures in Sanskrit if the understandable translations are not available?

Thank you
Sameer

Answer
Facebook.com/DrAwdhesh
Facebook.com/DrAwdhesh  
Dear Samer,
It is alwsy better to read the Scriptures in the language in which those were written. So if you can understand Sanskrit, it is always preferable. But it may take quite some time. It would be better if you buy translation of the Scriptures in English and read. That can be fast and good enough. Thereafter, once you hvae develop familiarity and interest in the Scripture, you can try in the original language.
All the best.
God bless you
Awdhesh

Hindus

Dr Awdhesh K Singh