Hindus/reading sacred texts in sanskrit

Namaskaar Sir,

I've recently bought a collection of upnishads but they are only in Sanskrit.Although I understand Sanskrit very little(I studied it in school) but still I want to read it.Will it also be beneficial to read scriptures in Sanskrit if the understandable translations are not available?

Thank you

Dear Samer,
It is alwsy better to read the Scriptures in the language in which those were written. So if you can understand Sanskrit, it is always preferable. But it may take quite some time. It would be better if you buy translation of the Scriptures in English and read. That can be fast and good enough. Thereafter, once you hvae develop familiarity and interest in the Scripture, you can try in the original language.
All the best.
God bless you

Dr Awdhesh K Singh

Life is a mystery. One who tries to understand life purely on logic and reason fails as there is an Omnipresent Spirit that connects all. I have written more than 400 articles and papers on various forums dealing with life. The purpose of life is to know the world and its mysery. We must know the mind of God and that is the only way to become one with God and achieve salvation, liberation or Nirvana. I have authored a book titled "Practising Spiritual Intelligence for Innovation, Leadership and Happiness" which is one of the most popular books in India in several categories. You can read my articles, stories, commentaries and poems on

I have over 8 years of experince in writing and helping the seeker to know the self and the world. I have around 25 years of experince in solving real life problems.

The Aatmic Science Foundation Science of Soul Spirituality Made Simple by Dr Awdhesh, Practising Spiritual Intelligence

Publications Spirituality Made Simple by Dr Awdhesh, Practising Spiritual Intelligence

Masters in Engineering. Doctorate in Information Technology.