Hindus/reading scriptures in sanskrit

Question
Namaskaar Sir,

I've recently bought a collection of upnishads but they are only in Sanskrit.Although I understand Sanskrit very little(I studied it in school) but still I want to read it.Will it also be beneficial to read scriptures in Sanskrit if the understandable translations are not available?

Thank you
Sameer

Answer
Dear Sameer,

Reading scriptures in Sanskrit has its own pleasure. I am also from Rajasthan and I studied Sanskrit perhaps up to class VIII, then forgot nearly all of it. Later, I again became interested in them, and studied Sanskrit with a private teacher for about 3 months. Now, I can differentiate between two translations as to which is closer to the original. You can also do the same. Go back to the teacher and Panini's 'Ashtadhyayi', and believe me, it is greatly enjoyable. Translations are available for nearly all of our books (if not in book form, then certainly on the internet). But finding faults in translations is gratifying and one can understand the real meaning of the writer. I highly recommend it. With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav

Hindus

Aupmanyav