Dear Sir,

I am a Christian.  I want to compare the concept of atonement, remission of sins in Hinduism with Christianity.  I think the Hindi words used to express this term are प्रायश्चित, क्षतिपूर्ति, हरजाना & परिहार and in Tamil language, the words are Parihaaram & Prayachitham.  

I would appreciate if you can explain what Hinduism teaches about how to do remedies for our sins and the sins of our parents or forefathers which believed to negatively affect our present life.

Thank you very much.

Dear Lenin,

The intention of all religions, is to liberate mankind from suffering. The method of guiding may vary. Unless one studies deeply atleast one religious scriptures, it will be difficult to see that essence of all religions are identical.

According to Vedas, all our sins are instantly washed off when we get enlightened. Until then we need to face the consequence of our actions. It is not possible to wipe out the results of our past action through any method. We will be born again and again to enjoy/suffer the results of our actions. The cycle is never ending until we get enlightenment.

Thanks for asking this question to me. If you need more clarifications please do ask.

Best wishes,
Raja Subramaniyan

Raja Subramaniyan

Explanation based on Vedanta / Gita which will answer any questions on life leading to Joyful Living

25 years of spiritual studies and written following text books. Gita for Joyful Living ( Path to Joyful Living - I based on Jeeva Yatra ( ) Path to Joyful Living - II based on Sadhana Panchakam( ) Joyful Living based on Panchadashi ( ) Parama Ragasiyam (Tamil) based on Brahma Sutra (