Hindus/Concept of

Question
QUESTION: Sir,

I have heard from many and read that we should live for the movement , we should not spoil our presence thinking of future.
But for me always a question arises how can we not think of future?
Suppose I am left with money which suffices to pay my phone bill whose due date is 2 days after from today. And now while going to office I see a dress, I liked it very much. As per live for the movement concept, I can buy the dress. But if I buy the dress what shall I do to pay my phone bill?

Sir I want to any answer is there in Bhagvad Gita for such kind of situations?

ANSWER: Dear Deepa,

Thank you for your question.

The Bhagavad-Gita does not teach us to "live for the moment" but to live for the Divine. There's a big difference. So, by all means, buy your dress and pay your phone bill, but remember God/dess no matter what else you may be doing.

Best wishes,

Brother William

QUESTION: Thank you Sir for clearing my misunderstanding,
But where can I find answer for this?
Can we practically follow this "live for the moment" concept?

Answer
Dear Deepa,

Thank you for your follow-up question.

I do not understand your question. You have already pointed out the impracticality of such a philosophy for someone who needs to buy dresses and pay bills. I explained that this philosophy is not of the Gita. Nor is this philosophy advocated by our Sanatana Dharma. I cannot explain or defend a philosophy that I neither advocate nor follow. You would do better to ask someone who lives as you describe for tips  on how to follow their example.

Sincerely,

Brother William  

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William