Hindus/enlightenment

Question
Sir,i had been searching answers for eternal questions like who is god,who am I etc.
I searched in books ,net etc and found vedanta can answer the questions.
So I read lot of about vedanta.
The main question I was searching was "whether god exists in the world or not".
I have got my answers and I am intellectually satisfied with it.
I didnt do any sadhna or meditation.
Is this end of my spiritual pursuit?

Answer
Dear Rahul,

Thank you for your question.

There is no end to your spiritual development short of full Self-realization. Perhaps you are intellectually satisfied now with answers to your questions. That is not a place to rest but a step toward true fulfillment.

Ramakrishna used to tell a story about a woodcutter who met a brahmachari. The holy man told the woodcutter, "Go forward." The woodcutter thought the brahmachari meant he should look for wood deeper in the forest, so he went farther than usual until he found a grove of sandalwood trees. He cut some trees, sold them, and made a lot of money. He was content with that for a while, but then he reflected again on the instruction of the brahmachari. So the next day he went even deeper into the forest, and there he found a silver mine. He collected the silver, sold it, and became even richer than before. After a while he decided to look even deeper in the forest, and one after the other he found a gold mine and a diamond mine, becoming richer than he ever imagined.

Our spiritual nature is like that forest. The deeper you go into the mystery of Self, the more treasures you find.

Go forward.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William