Hindus/yoga

Question
Dear Sir,

I have some brain related problem i.e Bipolar affective disorder and opposite it from past 6 years.

i want to know which yoga is helfful to me and how it is do.

thanks

Answer
Dear Vineet,

Thank you for your question.

Bi-polar affective disorder is a medical condition usually best treated by a combination of psychiatrist-prescribed medication and supportive psychotherapy.

The practice of Hatha Yoga without extreme breathing exercises can be conducive to good physical and mental health for all, but I would never say or imply that Yoga alone would be sufficient to treat a medical condition.

The following simple meditative practice is often beneficial:

Before sitting for meditation practice, it is good to wash minimally your hands and face, imagining as you do so that your body and mind are becoming pure. Seat yourself on a chair or on the floor in a comfortable, upright position from which you will not need to stir for the duration of the meditation. When you sit, begin by consciously releasing any tension in your body. Visualize in the center of your being a soothing, white light. Think of this light as the light of peace, joy, wisdom, and healing. When you feel yourself filled with this light, then project the light of peace and love for all beings in all ten directions, the eight points of the compass, above, and below. Be aware of any persons who have been occupying your thoughts, either positively or negatively, and send peace and healing especially to them. Say "May all beings be happy. May all beings be free from disease. May none be subject to suffering. May all experience the Highest Good."

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William