Hindus/Rules of engagement

So curiosity got the best of me and came across this sutra in the book store that turned out to have some useful information. It had a classification for like 6 different types of love. It listed love (or marriage) for material gain, love due to familiarity or proximity, love between people that study together (like college students), and a couple of other ones I don't remember that well. I wanted to find that list again but can't because boarders went out of business. I don't want to look like a perv searching stacks of sutra at the another book store. Last I checked those sutras weren't so tradition. Can you tell me where I can find that information easy. I work grave yard with this chick and I've been trying to tell her that dating people just because their presence is convenient isn't he best idea. In fact that sutra discouraged dating in the work place as much as they did marrying for material gain. Were can I find this list so I can explain why I'm not going to take advantage of her 3rd shift loneliness. I really want her to read that thing about love by proximity before she hooks up with somebody and regrets it upon further scrutiny. We don't exactly work at the golden genetics surplus.  The only thing worse than beer goggles is making a move due to deprivation. Do you know where I can find more of that listing and less of the sex manual.

Hi Jag

In a classic book titled Colors of Love (1973), J. A. Lee defined six varieties of relationship that might be labeled love:

Eros is romantic, passionate, love—what Tennov labeled limerence. In this type of relationship, love is life's most important thing. Lee said a search for physical beauty or an ideal type also typifies this type of love.

Ludus is a game-playing or uncommitted love. Lying is part of the game. A person who pursues ludic love may have many conquests but remains uncommitted.

Storge (STORE-gay) is a slow developing, friendship-based loved. People with this type of relationship like to participate in activities together. Often storge results in a long-term relationship in which sex might not be very intense or passionate.

Pragma is a pragmatic, practical, mutually beneficial relationship. It may be somewhat unromantic. A person who leans toward this type of relationship may look for a partner at work or where the person is spending time. Sex is likely to be seen as a technical matter needed for producing children, if they are desired.

Mania is an obsessive or possessive love, jealous and extreme. A person in love this way is likely to do something crazy or silly, such as stalking. The movie Fatal Attraction was about this type.

Agape (a-GOP-aye) is a gentle, caring, giving type of love, brotherly love, not concerned with the self. It is relatively rare. Mother Theresa showed this kind of love for impoverished people.

I am not sure if you were referring to the above.

Hope it helps

Best wishes

Prof Garain

Swapan Garain

All aspects and its relevance to modern life styles.

Take keen interest in visiting and interacting with Monks and Swamijis.

Social Work