Hindus/identification of written words

Question
goddess pendant
goddess pendant  

goddess pendant 2
goddess pendant 2  
Hello,
I have this old pendant and believe it has hindi writing on it. Wondering if one of the experts could tell me what it says.
Here is a picture of both sides of the pendant. I believe this is the goddess of knowledge Devi Saraswati as the subject.

Thank you in advance for your efforts. We live in amazing times.

Answer
Dear Eugene,

Namaste.

The writing on the pendant is in Sanskrit not Hindi; both the languages use the same Devanagari script. On the side of the pendant with the image of goddess, the goddess is Saraswati. Below the image is written 'Sri Saraswatyai Namah' meaning 'Salutations to Saraswati'. On the next side there is the image of Om and on the top of the image is written 'Tamaso Maa jyotirgamaya' meaning 'Lead us from darkness to light'. Below the image of Om, is written 'Sri Saraswatyai Namah'. In between OM and 'Sri Saraswatyai Namah' is written '999-NR-Chaandi' meaning '999-NR-Silver'; 'NR' may be the initials of the people who have made this pendant.

With regards,
Swami Narasimhananda

Hindus

Swami