Hindus/Is Derivativative trading adharmic...?

Namasta Ji

i was offered a job in a financial company. My responsibility is mainly day trading in stock market. It is not investing in the stock market. I take a position in the morning and evening i get out of that position. The financial remuneration is high.

My dilemma is is it adharmic ? Because it involves some form addition, personality dis order and highly stressful.

My concern is if it is adharmic to hindu principles i will look for alternative job. The other factors such as stress, addiction i can cope with.

I would be greatly honored if you guide me in this.

Dear Vasan,

No it is not adharmic. But apart from being able to cope up with stress, addiction etc, basically you should enjoy doing this job. You may have required skills. But it is important to know whether it is your 'natural profession'... For a fish, swimming is natural. You should feel comfortable doing the job. If you are, then you may continue. You should not do any job just because the remuneration is high.

Thanks for asking this question. If you need more clarifications please do ask.

Best wishes,
Raja Subramaniyan  

Raja Subramaniyan

Explanation based on Vedanta / Gita which will answer any questions on life leading to Joyful Living

25 years of spiritual studies and written following text books. Gita for Joyful Living ( Path to Joyful Living - I based on Jeeva Yatra ( ) Path to Joyful Living - II based on Sadhana Panchakam( ) Joyful Living based on Panchadashi ( ) Parama Ragasiyam (Tamil) based on Brahma Sutra (