Hindus/doubt

Question
Why Inidain scriptures (vedas, gita, epics) have no historical proof and references?

is there any proof that mahabaharath,ramayana happened?

why Abrahamic religions have good documented history while indian scriptures dont? i had these doubts but nobody could answer.

Answer
Dear Shri;

Vedas have extensive historical references. An example is what is known as the Battle of Ten Kings (Dasarajna War). It is a detailed account on a war on the banks of River Ravi, when an Aryan king of the region, Sudas, was attacked by a conglomerate of other tribal kings from North and West. It even mentions the number of people involved. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Ten_Kings

Of course, we do not know if Ramayana and Mahabharata are historical, because they are older than even the coming of Aryans in India (which cannot be dated with any surety). As for Bhagawat Purana and Gita, these books were written about conduct of a person in the society. They were not meant to be historical. But even then, Bhagawat Purana is one of the sources of pre-historical rulers of India. They are not totally bereft of history as one might think. Do not compare these books with those of the Abrahamic religions, which are very recent in comparison to the Hindu books. RigVeda has hymns which are more than 8,000 years old. With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav

Hindus

Aupmanyav