Hindus/What are the four types of astras in Mythology?

Question
Hello Sir,
One day, I was reading the second volume of Ramesh Menon's Mahabharata. It mentions that Arjuna was a master of all the four types of Astras. However it didn't specify what were those types. Can you give me an Idea as what it could refer to????
Thank You.

P.S: The book is of Rupa publications and it comes up maybe during the night battle of the 14th day of the Kurukshetra War.

Answer
Dear Adwait,

There is a complete description of 'astras' at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_(weapon). I hope you will find what you need here. That brings me to the question of 'shastras'. Let me see if there is an equivalent write-up on 'shastras' in Wikipedia (checked, there is no article on Sastras). With best regards,

yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav

Hindus

Aupmanyav