Hindus/nishkam love for goddess Kali

Question
I love Dakshina Kali very much, but i am unable to worship her as a mother. I love her as a lover. No sensual feeling is attached with my love for her. I have only pure affection and love for her.
Can i love and worship goddess Kali with anurag vaab? I really am in love with this dark beautiful goddess but no sensual feeling is attached with it. I am unable to view her as a mother...Nishkam anurag vaab or platonic love for goddess Kali has developed within me.. A tantrik tells me that its absolutely wrong to be in love with Universal Mother, Aaadi shakti and i am doing a terrible mistake. When I see any image of goddess Kali i get lost in it. I am chanting the seed mantra of Kali 11 mala per day. I dont know what to do...

Answer
Dear Amit,

Thank you for your question.

The bhava with which you worship the Goddess develops naturally. Any bhava that helps you meditate on Her more fully is usually good. It takes a heroic temperament to worship the Goddess as Shiva. In this type of sadhana the guidance of a Guru is essential.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William