Hindus/relationships

Question
QUESTION: sir is it possible to remain friends with a person you love?
i am in love with a girl who is my best friend , but she doesn't love me as she loves someone else.
i dn't know what to do?
how to accept this truth that she cant be with me?
please guide me.

ANSWER: There is not of difference between friendship and love. While friendship is limited to the union of the mind i.e. thoughts, love means union of soul which means union of body, mind and intellect. Hence, if you love a person, it is more than what your mind can handle. If the girl loves someone else, she may not love you and that may cause lots of suffering to you. It is better to love someone who loves you back. You must try to distance yourself from her for yours and her's benefit and good life.

QUESTION: sir is it wrong at first step to hope that she will love me as she is already committed to someone else. is it a sin i am committing by hoping that she will come in my life?
i am having this inner guilt . please guide

Answer
Loving someone is not sin but it would give you lots of pain. Your thoughts may look innocent now but if they persist, they may take the shape of anger, hatred and revenge which may harm you as well as the girl. Please focus on your career and pay attention to other girls who may be interested in you. Gradually your life will come on track.

Hindus

Dr Awdhesh K Singh