Hindus/Doubt

Question
Sir,

Is it really possible to live in this world speaking only the Truth? Or is it really necessary to do so?

I am very much tired of these bookish terms that say Speak Truth, be Non-Violent, and so on..Is that really practical?

Of course being Truthful is good but what will you do if someone trickily persuading you to do something that you are not interested and we are intended to say an white lie that I have this work that work etc..? There are countless situations like that where white lies are needed..Also when we don't like to disclose the reason why we are not taking part in their activities we are supposed to say a white lie here..Is that wrong?..What do you think?..Will that add to our negative or positive Karma?..How do you define "Truth"?

Also is that possible to be Saatwic always irrespective of people playfully doing intolerant and Rajasic activities towards you? there is always a limit to everything ..right? here we can not follow those Bookish non-violence, Truthfulness, Always Saatwic etc right?...

Please share your views Sir...

Vimal.

Answer
Dear Vimal,

Truth is 'as it happened'. IMHO, one must be practical. If there is a reason not to speak truth or to be non-violent, then do so, but the reason must not be for one's own benefit. Lying or violence for selfish interest would not bring one benefit in the long run. That is my view. With regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav

Hindus

Aupmanyav