Hindus/death

Question
sir, how to accept death of you dear ones,family members and most important yourself?

Answer
Dear Sushant,

Thank you for your question.

The best way to accept death is to accept life. This means living each moment in full awareness of the reality of existence. Nothing persists. Everything is in constant change; it is called samsara, the "flow" of existence.

Under it all is the Atman, the true Self. Know that, and you know the One changeless, undying Self. Then all the changes of life will appear like a dream, and you will know death as simply one more change that all living things experience. As Sri Krishna says in the Bhagavad-Gita (2:22), living beings shed worn out bodies as people shed worn out clothing, taking a new body to continue the quest toward Self-realization.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William