Hindus/family

Question
sir,how to live if i dnt like my father,as he is always gets drunk and fights with me.
he is not very educated and they dnt maintain standard of living which i expect.
there are many other reasons also.how to handle this situation?

Answer
Dear Rahul,

Thank you for your question.

Alcoholism is a disease that affects not only the person who drinks, the alcoholic, but also those who love him or live with him. The first principle for maintaining mental health when livening in a relationship with an alcoholic is to realize that you do not have the power to make him drink, nor do you have the power to make him stop drinking. Recognizing your powerlessness over alcoholism is the first step toward greater sanity.

You can learn more about alcoholism and learning to relate in healthy ways to an alcoholic at http://www.al-anon.alateen.org.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William