Hindus/unknown past as uncertain as future

Question
A man is suspicious of his wife, he may be 100% right or wrong.

Is the past(unknown) already happened or become reality only when the past is known in the present.

In other words our present action control both past(unknown) as well as future. That is, unknown past is equivalent to future event, as only in the future we come to know about it.

Thanks.

Answer
Dear Vivek,

Thank you for your question.

Sri Krishna in the Bhagavad-Gita says even the wise are puzzled by the question of karma and akarma, action and inaction (Chapter 4). In Chapter 11:33 he clearly tells Arjuna that all his foes have been slain already by the Lord; Arjuna acts only as an instrument of the Divine.

This would seem to argue for predetermination. However, as long as a person remains ignorant of Truth, i.e., that God alone is the Doer, s/he remains responsible for action, and thus experiences the results of action performed in the past in the present and future.

Therefore, in the absolute sense the concept of "our action" is meaningless. As Sri Krishna says in Chapter 3:27, " All actions are entirely being performed by the gunas of Prakriti. Deluded by ego a person thinks, 'I am the doer.'" We only retain the illusion of "control" through ignorance and delusion, and these keep us bound to the results of action, the results of which we can only know, if at all, in the present.

Best wishes,

Brother William  

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William