Hindus/Ahimsa

Question
Dear Brother William

My question about Hinduism, Ahimsa is:
Is you weren't born into a Hindu family and become a Hindu, do your past aggressions and violence effect your karma?  Or if you are a Hindu child who still doesn't understand ahimsa, and you were in a situation where you fought back, would this effect your karma since you don't understand ahimsa and therefore it wasn't intentionally defying your duty, Dharma?

Thank you
Charlotte

Answer
Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your question. Karma means "action" and also "the consequences of action." Causality is not the sole property of Hindus. Any action performed with the sense of doer-ship creates karma, good or bad.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William