I'm dong Ahimsa as a topic in secondary school and I would like to know what would happen if they were to accidently injure/kill a form of life, for example: stepping on an ant while walking or hitting a deer while driving?

Dear Callum,
The accidents happen due to various reasons. It may happen despite our best effort and it may happen because we are careless about it or the victim has been at fault. We must examine if we have taken due caution to see that the accidents do not happen.
Let us say you are driving a car under the influence of alcohol or overspeeding. You hit a man or animal without any intention. But you shall be surely be said to be guilty as you have not taken steps to ensure that accidents do not happen. You must know that the chances of accident becomes much higher due to drunken driving or over-speeding or even chatting with your friends, talking on mobile phone or feeling drowsy due to long driving .
However, there can also be cases , where you have taken all precautions, yet the other person or animal is careless and hence the accident happen. In such situation, you would't be guilty of violence or Ahimsa.
I hope your question is answered.
With best compliments

Dr Awdhesh K Singh

Life is a mystery. One who tries to understand life purely on logic and reason fails as there is an Omnipresent Spirit that connects all. I have written more than 400 articles and papers on various forums dealing with life. The purpose of life is to know the world and its mysery. We must know the mind of God and that is the only way to become one with God and achieve salvation, liberation or Nirvana. I have authored a book titled "Practising Spiritual Intelligence for Innovation, Leadership and Happiness" which is one of the most popular books in India in several categories. You can read my articles, stories, commentaries and poems on www.scienceofsoul.com

I have over 8 years of experince in writing and helping the seeker to know the self and the world. I have around 25 years of experince in solving real life problems.

The Aatmic Science Foundation Science of Soul www.scienceofsoul.com Spirituality Made Simple by Dr Awdhesh, Practising Spiritual Intelligence

www.scienceofsoul.com ezinearticles.com Spirituality Made Simple by Dr Awdhesh, Practising Spiritual Intelligence

Masters in Engineering. Doctorate in Information Technology.