WWat is the relation between Karma and Dharma?

Karma and Dharma are quite similar. The difference lies in the intention. Dharma means following the Scriptures to perform your action--which should be righteous and in accordance with the laws of the Scriptures. The problem is that Dharma is a product of time and culture. It changes in every society and in all times. Since the Scriptures were written many thousands of years ago, what was considered Dharma then may not be considered Dharma now. Hence blind observance of Dharma may not be a good idea.
Karma on the other hand deals with doing the duties prescribed as per your profession. If you are a soldier, you must kill your enemy to protect your country. If you are a revenue official, you must collect the taxes due to the state. The real test of Karma is that we must not shirk of teh responsibility because it is painful nor should prefer an action which is beneficial. The acts must be done because it is right.

Dr Awdhesh K Singh

Life is a mystery. One who tries to understand life purely on logic and reason fails as there is an Omnipresent Spirit that connects all. I have written more than 400 articles and papers on various forums dealing with life. The purpose of life is to know the world and its mysery. We must know the mind of God and that is the only way to become one with God and achieve salvation, liberation or Nirvana. I have authored a book titled "Practising Spiritual Intelligence for Innovation, Leadership and Happiness" which is one of the most popular books in India in several categories. You can read my articles, stories, commentaries and poems on www.scienceofsoul.com

I have over 8 years of experince in writing and helping the seeker to know the self and the world. I have around 25 years of experince in solving real life problems.

The Aatmic Science Foundation Science of Soul www.scienceofsoul.com Spirituality Made Simple by Dr Awdhesh, Practising Spiritual Intelligence

www.scienceofsoul.com ezinearticles.com Spirituality Made Simple by Dr Awdhesh, Practising Spiritual Intelligence

Masters in Engineering. Doctorate in Information Technology.