Hindus/reincarnation

Question
do you believe in reincarnation ? what is the evidence of reincarnation ?

Answer
Dear Mona,

Please see my profile. I am an atheist Hindu who believes in non-duality ('advaita'). I do not believe in many things. Existence of God/s/Goddess/es, soul, and reincarnation are some of the things that I do not believe in. This is because I do not see any evidence for them.

However, most Hindus, like those in Christianity, Islam, Bahai, and Sikhism believe in God/s/Goddess/es in answer to the unresolved question as to why the universe is there; and in existence of soul in answer to the question as to what makes us conscious. To each his/her own view.

The Indian religions (Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, and Sikhism) believe in reincarnation and 'karma', the effect of one's action in > the current or previous lives < in > the current or any future life <. They believe that the circumstances of birth, and the good or bad things that happen to us are because of our 'karmas' (deeds). With warm regards,

Yours sincerely,

Aupmanyav

Hindus

Aupmanyav