Hindus/Tapascharya

Question
Respected Sir,

What we called "Tapascharya".

Answer
Dear Vineet,

The Eight Limbs are:
1. Yama (The five "abstentions"): Ahimsa (non-violence), Satya (Truth, non-lying), Asteya (non-stealing), Brahmacharya (non-sensuality, celibacy), and Aparigraha (non-possessiveness).
2. Niyama (The five "observances"): Shaucha (purity), Santosha (contentment), Tapas (austerity), Svadhyaya (study of the Vedic scriptures to know about God and the soul), and Ishvara-Pranidhana (surrender to God).
3. Asana: Literally means "seat", and in Patanjali's Sutras refers to the seated position used for meditation.
4. Pranayama ("control of Breathing"): Prāna, breath, "āyāma", to restrain or stop. Also interpreted as control of the life force.
5. Pratyahara ("Abstraction"): Withdrawal of the sense organs from external objects.
6. Dharana ("Concentration"): Fixing the attention on a single object.
7. Dhyana ("Meditation"): Intense contemplation of the nature of the object of meditation.
8. Samadhi ("Liberation"): merging consciousness with the object of meditation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga#Yoga_Sutras_of_Patanjali

But before anyone begins with them, the important question is what exactly the person wants to achieve? I am sure you do not want to fly in the air  (levitation) with the help of Yoga? With best regards,

Aupmanyav

Hindus

Aupmanyav