Hindus/Question about other faiths

Question
Dear William,

I just had a question in regards to Hinduism and other faiths. (Mainly abrahamic)

Why are the Hindus, in my opinion, least able to be converted into another religion?

By this I mean for example when Christian missionaries go to India they have very limited success in converting Hindus to Christianity.

What is the main reason for this?

Kind Regards,

Nik

Answer
Dear Nik,

Thank you for your question.

Hinduism recognizes the same Divine Being behind all religions. We call our religion the Sanatana Dharma, the Perennial Religion, meaning that the same Truth that underlies all of existence manifests in different times and different cultures as various forms of religion. Therefore, there is no question of converting from one to another. Christians, Jews, Muslims all worship the same Divine Being that we worship through three million different faces and forms and also without form and beyond any concept of personality. We honor all divine manifestations but remain faithful to the One we hold most dearly to heart.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William