Hindus/Importance of Dharma In Scientific Era

Dear Sir,

What is the importance of Dharma in this scientific yug ?

Dharma is relevant for ALL ages. It is an eternal law applicable to all human beings. Ofcours it is relevant ONLY if someone wants to live happily. Those who want to suffer need not follow dharma.

The word Dharma is a very complex word and it has many meanings. However, every human being KNOWS what is dharma and what is adharma WITHOUT any teaching. In simple words the essence is :"Do not do anything that you do not want others to do."

I give below some examples

1. Always be kind and helpful to others (You want others to be kind and helpful to you)
2. Do not hurt anyone with words or deeds (You do not want anyone to hurt you)
3. Do your duty (A student should study and not earn money.... each stage in life there are specific rules)

If dharma is not followed, suffering will be proportional. In other words each person shapes his life (whether joyful or otherwise) based on how much importance he gives to Dharma.

Thanks for asking this important question. If you need clarifications please do ask.

Best wishes,
Raja Subramaniyan

Raja Subramaniyan

Explanation based on Vedanta / Gita which will answer any questions on life leading to Joyful Living

25 years of spiritual studies and written following text books. Gita for Joyful Living ( Path to Joyful Living - I based on Jeeva Yatra ( ) Path to Joyful Living - II based on Sadhana Panchakam( ) Joyful Living based on Panchadashi ( ) Parama Ragasiyam (Tamil) based on Brahma Sutra (