Hindus/about non vegetarian food.

Question
Sir.sorry if I am troubling u.I have asked already about non vegetarian food.but in bhagavadgita I studied that one who sells meat, one who carries meat,one who cooks and one who eats meat will all go to hell.is that not true.

Answer
Dear Jeyanthi,

Thank you for your question.

Sri Krishna says the truly wise see even the "eater of dogs" the same as the pious brahmana. (5:18) I find nowhere in the Gita Sri Krishna condemning meat eaters or butchers. In fact, in another part of the Mahabharata there is a story about a butcher/hunter who becomes the Guru of a monk who had strayed from the path in his quest for power.

What you eat should nourish your body and help you achieve a calm, collected mind. Different bodies have different requirements. There is no point in judging others for making different dietary choices from yourself and much spiritual harm from doing that.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William