Hindus/Consciousness/prana/ mind

Respected Sir,

The mind is associated with Consciousness as a reflected medium.
Is  Prana   connected  with consciousness , though it is grosser than Mind?

Pl advise
With respects
T R Vasudevan

Dear TRV,

Consciousness DOES not have any connection to anything nor it is associated with anything. It is the secondless one which is nameless, formless and attributeless. Based on this non-dual truth (sathyam) the universe appears to exist (Illusion).

You and I are part form of this illusion. From this illusory perspective we need to learn to see the truth. For explaining the truth, we use different methodologies. In order to understand the truth, we need to say 'consciousness is reflected in the mind' and the reflection is called prathibimba chaitanyam or chidabasam or reflected consciousness. EVERY THING ELSE in the BODY is associated with this reflected consciousness.

To answer your question, NO: Prana is NOT connected to the consciousness. Mind is also not associated with consciousness.

Thanks for asking this technical clarification.

Best wishes,
Raja Subramaniyan

Raja Subramaniyan

Explanation based on Vedanta / Gita which will answer any questions on life leading to Joyful Living

25 years of spiritual studies and written following text books. Gita for Joyful Living ( Path to Joyful Living - I based on Jeeva Yatra ( ) Path to Joyful Living - II based on Sadhana Panchakam( ) Joyful Living based on Panchadashi ( ) Parama Ragasiyam (Tamil) based on Brahma Sutra (