Hindus/about this mantra

Question
dear William hello Its dave here, sorry to trouble you again but this is the final time I will bring this subject up. but with regards to the English translation I would just like to ask you as I had a slight doubt (yet again)! that where its written 'inexhaustible treasure of nature', do you think it is meant hyperbolically or in a literal sense? I will just re-enter the mantra so that we can be clear:

for the love of the people I adore the lord of light, creator of earth and heaven and the middle regions of the skies, the eternal poet who composed this wonderful world of paradisal beauty and truth adorned with the jewels of life from his inexhaustible treasure of nature, lord so dear to the learned and the wise, the brilliant manifestation of whose existential form blazes in the heaven above and the earth below which he made. With his infinite mercy he created the regions of bliss for the people, the creatures he created and loved. The people adore you, lord, with their breath of life. Lord of the golden bough in both hands, bless the people with the breath and energy of life existential as well as eternal.

because logically god has been described as an 'eternal poet' so obviously you and I know he doesn't have a beginning or end(as that is what 'eternal' means) so I think when I read that mantra that it means that god literally has an unlimited or 'inexhaustible' supply at his disposal for his creation. just by looking at the mantra is that what you think aswell? thanks

Answer
Dear Dave,

Thank you for your follow-up question.

Ishwara/i has only his/her own being from which to create everything, as God/dess alone exists. That divine being is infinite and eternal and therefore inexhaustible.

What I have tried to convey to you is that the Being of God/dess is  non-material in essence, and the creation is also the same. Therefore, there is no question of "material" being exhausted, as there is, in the final realization, no such thing as matter. This is the view of Shaktadvaita or Shaktivada, that acknowledges the reality of the phenomenal world as a manifestation of Mayashakti, Ishwara's power to manifest the worlds.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William